I only get url, title, thumbnail, and description from recommendation. How do I get more information about my content.
To see what fields we are scraping, you can check
__inventory.gif events for
item field through the browser console.
If we are collecting the metadata, and you want us to return that field for recommendation then please reference our page on Editing Fields/Hiding Item or the
If we aren't collecting the data you want, then please refer to this documentation to setup scrape by adding a metadata tag. Or this article to configure what our script should scrape at the initialization of JS SDK or invocation of
What kind of user information do you track?
We do not track any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) on our own. Moreover, since we only use first-party cookies (cookies stored under your site name), we do not track user behavior across our different customers except in cases where you opt into third-party tracking, for instance if you are interested in Cross-site recommendation . Even in cases where you opt into third-party tracking, the third-party tracking information is not essential to our recommendation engine and our core recommendation engine will work correctly for users who have blocked third-party cookies.
All our first-party cookies begin with “_ig” and are stored under your domain name (for instance, on LiftIgniter, all our cookies will be stored under liftigniter.com). Since our cookies are based on top-level domains, they are common to different subdomains of the same domain. If this conflicts with your privacy requirements, please let us know.
In addition to cookies, we also store some information in local storage under your domain.
You can get more information on the data stored on the client and the events sent back to LiftIgniter in the Web Debugging section of this documentation, specifically the Cookies and Local Storage as well as the Pageview and Heartbeat Events sections.
We tried Quick-Testing LiftIgniter and the recommendations aren't getting returned.
This problem usually occurs due to one of the following reasons.
- Our script hasn't scraped any items from your site. Open an article on your site and check the network panel to see if there's any "__inventory.gif" being triggered. If you don't see this, that means our system is not returning any recommendations since it doesn't have any contents to return as recommendation.
- There's not enough activity data to start serving the recommendations. This shouldn't occur too often since we have a way of serving simple initial models without data. However, if this is the case then please let us know and we can setup the system to serve some initial recommendations.
How do I restrict the types of recommendations I see?
For basic rules around restricting some items from being shown, adding metadata to items, and changing what is returned in the recommendations, you can make these changes completely by yourself without any need to get in touch with LiftIgniter (though we offer support and a Code Review service). For advanced rules such as filtering recommendations by category , we require you to contact Support since we like to verify the rules can work correctly before activating them.
Does LiftIgniter see all users?
- Users who have enabled ad blockers using the EasyPrivacy list. Among major ad blockers, the relevant one is uBlock. For more, see Ad blockers.
- Users using a very old browser. For more, see Browser compatibility.
- Users browsing through proxies, such as Opera Mini and Amazon Silk, where pages are partly loaded server-side. This mainly affects users in Africa.